Our top tips to climb the leaderboard on Street Tag
1. If you scan at least 18 Tags, you earn 200 bonus points extra.
2. For every new user that uses your invitation code to join Street tag, you will earn 500 free Points and the new user will also earn 1000 points free. We encourage you to ask friends, family, and your neighbour to use your "Invite code". Please note it's essential that the new user joining use your invitation code when signing up in order to receive the free points, which can be found in the app's side menu "Get Free Points". The invited user has to scan at least 100 tags on their new account, in order for both of you to receive free points.
3. On Saturdays , we have one or more special tags worth 500 points each that tour different parks in the borough. Look out for this in the "Opportunity" section of the app side menu and on our social media announcement pages.
4. Look out for surprise day bonuses near tube/ train stations worth 100 points. They are normally announced on our social media sites; so keep an eye out for some upcoming bonuses!
5. Plan an extra 30 minutes evening walk into your daily routine, to give yourself more chance of earning more tags and clearing your mind on the walk before bed. You can also wake up 30 minutes early in the morning to go for a Street Tag walk, a great way to start off preparing your day.
6. Morning and afternoon school runs can be a great opportunity for parents to earn some extra points. A 10 minutes detour might even earn you a 200 point bonus. Involving your kids so that they enjoy walks, would also help with your tagging.
7. Explore new areas as you are likely to find some tags with double points per tag. We have some tags that give 20, 30 and even 50 points instead of the regular 10.
8. Have a few more people in your team, even if its just one more team member. Ask friends and family members to join your team, and it might be easier to ask them to start by aiming for just 10 tags a day and double this number weekly. This way it doesn't feel daunting for your new team members.
9. On your way home from a work day if you're using the bus transport service, consider getting off the bus, 4 stops away from your house and earn tags as you walk home. Similarly if you get the train home after work, earn tags as you walk home from the train station.
10. If tags are not active on your route, you can request for new tags on our website.